Staying Safe and Healthy While Continuing to Save Lives
Last updated: 6/16/2020
COVID-19 has caused us to change the ways we use public spaces to work, live, and play. We must continue thinking about our safety and the safety of others, while we continue to save lives.
Our active staff and volunteers have taken a voluntary pledge to follow all DoH Guidance for all Rhode Islanders, including:
- Stay at home if sick (or exposed to someone sick)
- Wear a mask when in public
- Practice social distancing
- Practice hygiene best practices
- Limit excursions and group sizes
In addition to the above, we are:
- Suspending all public group events until further notice.
- Using technology whenever possible to promote social distancing (e.g., virtual adoptions, meetings, phone calls, digital documents and payments, etc).
- Following all RI DoH Guidance at in-person activities.
- Offering hand sanitizer and disposable gloves at all in-person activities.
- Encouraging outside meetings whenever possible.
- Following “drive-through” transport pick-up protocols to minimize contact and risk.
- Sharing virtual and other training resources available to our adopters during this time.
- Click HERE to review some COVID vetting and training options SOSARL has compiled for our adopters.
- Posting information about our operations to our social media and website.
- Continuing to monitor state and local public health communications about COVID-19.
- Continuing to educate our employees and volunteers about steps they can take to protect themselves at work and at home, and behavioral changes to reduce the spread of COVID-19.
Our partner, SOS reTAIL, has increased the frequency of regular cleanings and enhanced their disinfection protocols. Click HERE to learn more about what SOS reTAIL is doing to continue providing quality pet services and products while maintaining community safety.
If you have questions, concerns or comments, or would like to give us feedback on our COVID-19 response to help us improve our life-saving efforts, please email us at [email protected]